Saturday, April 30, 2022

Spring in Ohio

My favorite season is spring. I love how the earth is re-awakening and coming back to life. I love the sense of renewal and hope it brings- just like the Savior's resurrection. It's a reminder that the dark, dreary, cold days of winter are past and that there is sunshine, beauty, and life to look forward to. Since I suffer with seasonal affective disorder, the advent of spring coincides with a lightening of my spirit, and a greater ability to enjoy life.

I find great joy in listening to the bird's songs, soaking in the sunshine, and feasting my eyes on the vast array of flowers, shrubs, and trees budding and blooming. I never tire of seeing the amazingly beautiful creations that God has placed on this earth. And I'm exceptionally blessed to live in Ohio, where there's never a shortage of such visual artistry. 

One of my new favorite places to visit is the Cox Arboretum. I have made a point of visiting this park at least once a week for the past 5 or so weeks, to watch spring unfold and reveal itself bit by bit. I wish I was a poet or a songwriter, to eloquently express the awe I feel in spring. I use my camera instead, to try to capture the memories. 

Here is some of what I've found from March 17th to April 28th

This shows the progression of the season at the Overlook




Next is the progression of spring from the Tower




And the tulip field










Can't forget the wildflowers. It's been fun to see different ones appearing each week.




 

Trilium


Violets

    

Wild geranium 


Dandelions: weed or wildflower? All depends on how you think of them. 
To me, they're cheery wildflowers. 

Daffodils


And then there's just the random beauty










No comments: