Saturday, October 11, 2014

Just a General Update

My hubby pointed out that it's been awhile since I've blogged, and I agree, so here's an update:

Life has been pleasantly busy lately. David and I are taking three classes together at the local community college and I am enjoying it immensely. We're taking psychology, english comp, and a required "succeeding in college and life" course. It's amazing how much the three of these relate to and complement each other.

I've enjoyed writing some essays for english comp and also put together a powerpoint presentation about Drug Abuse/Addiction for our psych class. The best part of psych class so far has been an assignment to do a personality indicator test. No surprise that I'm an introvert, but it was fun to learn about the other facets of my personality, and scary how accurate the test is! (Wanna try it for yourself? Go to www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp. It's free.) I'm an INTJ, which means I'm "independent, innovative, analytical and purposeful." Only 1.4% of the population have my personality type, which might explain why I've always felt like I didn't fit in!!

I've also started working on putting together the primary program for next month. It's later in the year than usual (I think we did in October for the past 2 years) and I'm stressing about getting it together in time, but I'm sure it'll be good. It's hard for it not to be with kids talking about their testimonies and what they've learned about the gospel.

David and I also joined the gym and started a new diet program in July. So far David has lost 30 pounds and I'm down 18. (Universal law that a guy is going to lose more faster!! Ugh!) I was one of those people who swore I'd never join a gym (go work out with all those other smelly people? Yuck!) but David convinced me (with the help of the demise of my second elliptical machine) and I've found that I really enjoy it. It helps that the gym is literally 5 minutes from the house.

We haven't gotten out to do much else lately. Evenings are hectic with school, gym, and dinner. Some days it feels like we just barely have time to sit down before it's time for bed already. I'm just thankful that we have the opportunity to go back to school and spend so much time together. Good thing David and I like being around each other!

That's the gist of what's been going on in my life lately. Nothing earth-shattering or even exciting by most people's standards, but it's been interesting and enjoyable to me.





No comments: