Monday, October 3, 2016

Jesus Christ: My Beginning and My End

Today as I was reading my scriptures I came across the phrase "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," which is a familiar phrase for anyone who has read the scriptures. This time, as I pondered the phrase, it came to me that Jesus Christ is not just the Beginning and the End for the earth or for creation, but He is my beginning and end. It is Jesus Christ who first put breath and light into me at the start of my life, and it is He who will be there to gather me to Himself when the last of that breath leaves my body. He truly is the Alpha and the Omega of my life, and of every life that comes into being.
This also made me take a look around and appreciate the fact that He is the Creator of everything on this earth. He is the beginning and the end for every tree, flower, blade of grass, and animal. I was filled with immense gratitude for His creativity and His desire to make this earth a place of such awesome beauty and majesty. He could have made a perfectly functional earth, with just enough of each creation to make it livable, but instead He filled it with everything necessary and so much more just for beauty and enjoyment.
I'm so thankful for Jesus and for all He's done for me, and I'm especially grateful this morning as I sit and watch the sun burn off the morning fog through the tops of the trees, and think about how He gives me every sunrise, every view, every breath. There aren't words enough to describe how amazing and perfect and wonderful He is.