Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Vacuuming: Chore or Blessing?

I was pulling out the vacuum this morning and almost automatically let out a big sigh and thought "Here I go again. Vacuum the whole house...just so I can vacuum it again in a few days."
Then I caught myself and thought "Wait...this is actually a blessing!"
And here's my epiphany:

Vacuuming is a blessing because:
a) I own a good vacuum that works well.
b) I have a home that needs to be vacuumed.
c) I have enough activity in my home that it needs to be vacuumed.
d) I have the health, strength, and ability to vacuum.
e) I live in an age where electricity and vacuums exist, making my life much easier.
f) I feel good seeing the results of my effort once I'm done.

I wish I could say that I catch myself like this more often, but I'm glad that I did this time. It totally changed my perspective and changed a chore into a privilege.

No comments: