Sunday, July 8, 2012

You Know You Live in a Small Town When....

One of the best places to go walking is in the cemetery!!

Seriously, there are no real parks or walking trails here in Steubenville and it's a 30 minute drive to the State Parks and Forests.

Thankfully, I found the Union Cemetery... and it's a beautiful place to go walking! It's always quiet, is mostly wooded and shady, and there are no crowds! (Unless you count the ones underground! lol)

Today David and I went for a walk and I saw chipmunks, squirrels, lots of robins, a raccoon, a deer, and a groundhog. All within half an hour. It was almost like a free trip to an animal park!

I can't wait to go back, and now that the heat has let up, I'm hoping it will be soon.

It just goes to show- you can always find what you're looking for if you look hard enough and are willing to think outside the box!

1 comment:

Papa D said...

Awesome, Patty. That walk sounds like Eden. (although that's as far as I'm willing to take that image LOL)