Monday, November 7, 2011

Adventures in Shopping

Okay, so I haven't had any really great thoughts or insights to share lately. Life seems to be just one ordinary day after another, but I'm not complaining. Because that's truly better than day after day of drama or disaster!
I did have an interesting and fun shopping day on Friday, though. I couldn't believe how many things just fell in place. First, I went to Sam's Club to pick up a printer I had ordered (my old one died. Sad, but I'm not even missing it now that I have a wireless one!!) There was a major mixup on where the printer was, but it was finally located and the manager gave me a voucher for 2 free combos at the snack bar for our wait.
Then, when I went to pick up ground beef, the butcher comes out and tells me he's getting ready to grind some fresh, or... he can reduce what I was already putting in my cart. Since I had already picked some out (and planned to freeze it that day) I went with the discount! Whoohoo!
Next it was off to Kroger to get some free toothpaste and dental floss. They were out of toothpaste but had floss for only $.95 each. I had a coupon for $2.50 off of 2 so the store owed me money!! That was so much fun, I decided to try it at another Kroger and sure enough, they paid me to take home dental floss too! I think it threw the cashiers for a loop because the one lady told me "I've never seen that happen before!" Needless to say, seeing a total savings on my receipt of 131% was really cool!
You would think that this would have been enough fun stuff on one shopping outing, but I still had to hit Walmart. Now, to be clear, I hate Walmart. I rarely shop there, unless they have the absolute best deal or carry something I can't find somewhere else. But... things might change. Walmart doesn't double coupons, but they also don't limit items, and they also pay overages. This was great when I picked up some Tide single use packets for $.97 and used a $2.00 coupon for them. Yep- Walmart paid me to take stuff home, too!
These types of deals don't happen often for me, but when they do, it makes all the time and effort of couponing well worth it!
Oh, and did I mention that my food storage is slowly but steadily growing? I'm finally making progress on that goal!

No comments: