1. Just because something is on sale, doesn't mean it's a good deal- especially if you didn't need it in the first place!
2. Some of the "cheapest" foods are the most expensive in the long run.
3. Trying to watch 8 hours of conference in one sitting is not a good idea. My attention span dwindled to nearly non-existent by hour 5.
4. Time disappears when you're on the computer.
5. Listening is active, not passive. Because it uses energy to actively listen, people who talk too much tire me. (And I haven't figured out how not to listen without being rude.)
6. It's easier to keep going than it is to take a break and then try to start back up again.
7. Most people are afraid of public speaking. (Too bad that doesn't make me feel any better about my phobia.)
8. Most of what we do is inconsequential. The exception is what we do for others.
9. Spring and fall don't last long enough.
10. There's always someone who is better than you at something, and there's always someone who is less skilled. Don't bother comparing- just do YOUR best.
11. Homemade dinners don't happen without some planning.
12. Basements leak.
13. Cats can become senile too.
14. I'm not good at reading maps but I can almost always find my way home. (So far no search parties have had to be sent out.)
15. A job is more enjoyable when it can be shared with someone you like.
16. God gives us what we need when we need it.
17. The more you have, the more you have to clean, repair, organize, and worry.
18. The best feeling is doing something for someone else because you love them.
19. The second best feeling is doing something for someone else because you know they need it, regardless of how you feel about them.
20. I still have a lot to learn.