I've noticed a pattern: often when someone gets released from a major calling, a string of bad luck tends to follow them for awhile afterwards. (Maybe I should name it the "Ex-Leadership Curse"?) Well, it's definitely struck us.
1) Chloe got injured. Cha-ching. Vet bills.
2) Aimee's cat got an infection. Cha-ching. Vet bills.
3) David's car needed new axles. Cha-ching.
4) David's car needed new tires. Cha-ching.
5) Medical and dental bills keep piling up. Cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching.
6) Someone slashed all four of the brand new tires on David's car. Double Cha-ching. (It was just under what our deductible is so it was all out of pocket, again.)
I'm not saying that there haven't been any blessings lately, or that life is horrible- I'm just tired of seeing our savings flying out the door so quickly and having so many things go wrong in such a short span of time. I also know that we're not the only ones experiencing trials and that things will get better. I have to have faith that God will continue to provide if we end up totally broke.
Oh, and I'm not ready to forgive whoever slashed the tires yet. I'm still ticked. I don't understand why anyone would do something like this. Our car was in our driveway, nobody else's cars were hit (so this wasn't just a random "slash all the tires on the street" thing), and we haven't had any run-ins with neighbors, co-workers, students, etc. It's frustrating to keep wondering "WHY US??" and have no answer.
I'm hoping my next post will be full of sunshine and happy thoughts. I keep reminding myself that there's a lot of beauty and goodness in this world. There are a lot of good people out there. Trials come and go but God is faithful and sees us through each of them. Soon I'll start praying to be able to forgive, too.