Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A whole bunch of nothing in particular

Here's what's been happening in my life lately:

I took someone to Dayton last Monday for a very quick surgery and we had a funny adventure just finding the place. We were supposed to be there by 7:30 am and we would have been early had either of us actually seen the street sign (which was turned weird.) Instead, I drive on this road until it literally dead-ends at construction. There's a detour sign so I turn left and follow the signs... through dark neighborhood streets. And then the detour dead-ends. Apparently the detour signs were for the BIKE TRAIL!! So I head back to a main street and try to find any place that's open. I think we were in downtown Dayton (by the looks of things) but there were no businesses open to even stop and ask for directions. Finally I get brilliant and decide to try the first road we were on and see if we had passed by our turn. I see a medical building and think we must be getting close. Then I find a medical office that's open and go in to ask for directions. The girl was very nice and told me... "go out and turn right at the next street and you'll see it on your right." Yep- had I just gone a little further I would have found the road. And from there it was easy to find the right building. I had to laugh.

Last Friday I had every intention of going to our ward game night. It was on my calendar and I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately, David had to work close to 70 hours that week and was exhausted by the time he got home on Friday. So I chose to stay home with my hubby. Who wants to come over soon for a Friday or Saturday game night??

We went to a band solo/ensemble contest on Saturday. Aimee had a solo and got a "2." She was bummed because she's been practicing hard, but the song was a really difficult and odd one and she had the hardest judge so I think she did great.

I have a new nephew! It's my older brother's first child. He came 14 weeks early and weighed only 2 lbs. 3 oz. Today he went through surgery to close his heart valve. So far, so good. I wish I lived closer so I could be there for all the family occasions like this.

I flooded the basement again. I think it's the universe's way of telling me to mop my basement floor. I found out that nylons really don't work so well as lint filters on the washer's drain pipe. They tend to collect the lint and then stretch out and clog the drain. Ooops. At least I was already done mopping my upstairs floors!

Today is the first day in a couple of weeks that I've had time to sit at the computer and read everyone else's blogs. I've missed that. I really love hearing everyone's updates and opinions!

I think I lead a very boring life. I can't even think of anything that I've been doing that would be worth writing about. How can I stay busy so much of the time and not have anything worth writing about??!! That's my life!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'll come for a game night. Or, rather I would love to if I were close enough!

That stinks about the basement flood again!

Tell Aimee "Way to go!!"

Mama D said...

I'll come for game night, too! Sorry about the basement flooding again. I'm impressed that Aimee would choose to play such a hard song for a solo contest. That takes courage and talent! And I love what you write, regardless of how "boring" your life may seem.

chelle said...

I am with you on the boring life thing. Most days I am home doing nothing. (as much as a mom can do nothing that is)
I love to hear about others lives even if they think it boring. :)