Monday, July 4, 2011

Hocking Hills 2011

We were lucky enough to get to spend four days in Hocking Hills last week. Somehow, we managed to time our visit when it wasn't too hot, too rainy, or too crowded. We had a cabin with a hot tub (which really came in handy after spending most of the day on trails!!) It was quiet, relaxing, challenging, and beautiful (sometimes all at the same time!)

Here are some pics of our visit:





(Here's a secret: I'm extremely scared of heights!! So this staircase was a challenge for me to go down. Up would have been easier. One step at a time, and trying hard not to notice the drop. Trust me, it looks a lot scarier up close and in person!!)


Old Man's Cave falls. (I don't remember which one. I just remember it was beautiful!)


Cedar Falls







A view from Conkle's Hollow Rim Trail. My new favorite trail!!











Another view from Conkle's Hollow Rim Trail. This trail got two thumbs up from me!







Aimee is taller than me, but not by THAT much!!



David got ahead of us on the Cantwell Cliff's trail and found this great hiding spot!




Can I run away from real life and go live in Hocking Hills full time??!!
























3 comments:

Papa D said...

Beautiful - and Aimee looks a little more than a little taller than you. *grin*

It obviously is the angle of the picture. Yeah, that's it.

Mama D said...

Gorgeous views! I'm so glad you had fun!

This makes me even more excited to eventually blog about WA and post pictures!

Erin said...

Love the pics - you've inspired me to try some new hikes next time we go!