Monday, May 3, 2010

What We've Been Up To

Here's some of what we've been up to lately:

Aimee competed in "Music in the Parks" and their band received the highest rating! Way to go Northwest Band!! David and I were able to be at the competition to listen to them play and they did a wonderful job. We declined to join Aimee and her friend at King's Island (not wanting to being out in the rain!) but Aimee had a great time. She rode "The Beast" for the first time (which required overcoming some of her fear of roller coasters.)
Since we were in Loveland for the music competition and passed the signs for the Loveland Castle, David and I decided to stop by and see what it was all about. Talk about a fun little place to visit! If that castle didn't scream "old bachelor's place" then I don't know what would!! It was fun to hear the story behind the castle, and I was impressed with the builder's determination and stamina. I wonder if we'd all live to be 91 if we worked on building our castles every day...
For the past two Sundays we've taken Aimee out for more driving practice (well, more like, she's taking us!) We found a nice road out in the country and she was thrilled to be able to go 55mph. We'll need to practice lane changes more, but she's getting closer to her first time on the interstate (scary!!) She does more of the driving around town now and is getting better all the time.
Aimee has now applied to Hobby Lobby and Deb's for a summer job. So far, no calls, but we're still hoping. She's looking for somewhere other than McD's to work at and her only requirement is Sundays off. If anyone needs someone to do some cleaning, organizing, or babysitting... she's available!!
On Saturday I was able to pick up a few lovely ladies and go to our Stake Spring Relief Society Meeting. It was wonderful. (Well worth not sleeping in or staying home to do other stuff!) I was reminded of my testimony of the Temple and of God's love for each of us. To be able to be there with such great women was a definite plus!
I gambled on the weather and planted some stuff in my garden early. I've got tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers, as well as my strawberry patch (thank you Cassie- they're looking great!!) I've also cut back my oregano to make room for chives (thank you Rita!!) and I tossed in some garlic cloves that were sitting in my kitchen and started sprouting ( I know it's the wrong time of the year to plant them but I enjoy just watching them grow anyways!) I've purchased a few perennials on sale and will try to start other flowers from seed, so hopefully my front flower bed won't look so blah soon.
I don't think I got much else done last week. I was absolutely exhausted and not sleeping much, which left me feeling drained and lethargic. Thankfully I had a slow week with nothing pressing to do. We did get some good news, though... our homeowner's insurance agreed to pay for almost half of the new roof!! This is a HUGE blessing, especially since other expenses seem to keep piling up.
Oh, and an update on David... he seems to be fine (until he saw the hospital bill... that really could cause a heart attack!!) We think it's his stomach since the medication helped and he's not been having any more pain lately. Now he's back to hitting the gym a few times a week and eating all the usual junk food. Sigh. I really hoped this would be the opportunity to finally change to a healthier diet!! lol
This week is already shaping up to be much busier and the Lord has blessed me with enough sleep to feel human again... I know He'll give me the strength and energy to tackle each day as it comes. I'm going to try to enjoy the sunshine and spring weather!

1 comment:

Mama D said...

Sounds like a fun week. I'm so glad you had time to slow down - and what a blessing that it coincided with your week of sleeplessness and lethargy!

Tell Aimee and David we say hi! I hope Aimee is able to find a job she can enjoy. We miss you all.