Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thoughts on 2 Corinthians

2 Corinthians 8:12-15-
12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
15 As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.
If we use our strengths to make up for the weaknesses of others we are all strengthened and our burdens will be lightened. All will enjoy equality by sharing their talents, abilities and substance. When we give freely of what we have and what we know we are all blessed. I would rather have help from someone who knows what they're doing than have to face a task I'm not qualified to do and feel like I'm being crushed by the burden of doing it alone. Just as I'd rather put my talents to good use in helping someone else so that their burden is lighter. It works so much better that way! And if we all recognize that we have strengths and weaknesses so that no one is more or less than another we can be unified in the faith in all equality.

9:11-12-
11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

When we supply the wants and needs of another, we cause them to give God thanks for sending those blessings. Each time we share what we have we can help answer someone else's prayer and in doing so help bring them closer to God. I don't know about you, but I love the idea of helping someone to draw closer to God!

1 comment:

chelle said...

very insightful!
I know I sure have felt put upon lately. Even the talent of cooking and sharing that 'portion' with someone, makes those that receive rejoice in Christ and the 'blessings' he sends our way!
Thanks Patty. I always love your thougts. :)