Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday... what a wonderful day!


I think I got everything I hoped for on this Saturday! It's amazing what sleeping in until 8:30 can do for a person! I woke up feeling better (more energy!) and made homemade waffles for breakfast. We then got everyone showered and dressed and chores done and headed out the door. The weather was a little worrisome early this morning, but it quickly improved and ended up near perfect for our outing! Brown's Marketplace turned out to be full of more junk food than I needed to be tempted by, but I did find one jar of jam and plenty of gummies, as well as a little cheese. It couldn't really compare with the large cheese factories and marketplace that I visited in Amish country, but it was worth visiting at least once.
Pyramid Hill, on the other hand, was fantastic! We got a family membership (very reasonably priced) and will definitely visit again, hopefully often! We parked and had a picnic lunch and then walked one of the trails. We were able to get up close to all of the sculptures and also enjoy the beautiful park. Then we went ahead and drove through the entire park a couple of times just to make sure we didn't miss anything (and it's a fun and relaxing drive!) Here are a couple photos:


Here's one I like to think is somewhat metaphorical...

The distance that develops between a teenager and her parent!!

Unfortunately the sun wasn't in the right place for most of these photos so they aren't the best, and they really don't show well on here anyway, but I'm sure we'll be back and have plenty more opportunities to get some great pics!

Afterwards we took some back roads home and also stopped at the video store for a couple of movies (don't ask which ones... they were both weird and not worth the money!!) Now it's after 10 and I'm supposed to be in bed so I can be bright-eyed and bushy tailed for church in the morning... I just wanted to share my wonderful day with everyone else first!

3 comments:

chelle said...

What a fun day! My mom lives in Hamilton and I have only been to that park once. And that was just this past Christmas for the lights they had.
Glad the weather cooperated and you all had a nice family outing. :D

Louann and Bari said...

Bari and I went to Pyramid Hill on a Date Day once. It was really cool. We talked about getting a membership for the family, but didn't (yet). We also looked into renting it for Katy and Josh's wedding. I don't remember why that fell through. But I think it would have been TOTALLY cool for a reception. SOOOO glad you had a fun day with the family. You deserve it!

Steve and Jamie said...

I'm so glad you had a fun day--especially after having such a busy week. I love the pictures!