Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oddities

No joke... this is how my bottle of hand soap reads: "Softsoap Brand Pure Cashmere is a mild, soap-free Foaming Hand Soap..." Wait a minute... SOAP that's SOAP-FREE???!! How did they manage that? This is just a suggestion, but maybe they should name it foaming hand WASH!

If you want to read another weird label... look up the ingredients for McDonald's chicken nuggets. Check out the very last ingredient... "dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent." Not sure what that chemical actually is, but doesn't it make you wonder why it would be there in the first place? Maybe to keep us from foaming at the mouth from eating rabid chickens?? Ha ha!


If you'd like a good laugh, check out these road signs:



7 comments:

Mama D said...

Ah, thanks for the laugh! There are many such oddities all around us.

ANTSYLLI said...

And chicken nuggets were my favorite thing from the golden arches! Loved the signs. Thanks for the smile

Cassie Rakes said...

I am feeling a little scared of the store that's giving away espresso, Hallie just came back from an overnight from grandma Pam's, and puked her brains out, and that was just from too much pop. But those signs were too funny, and soapfree soap, whoda thunk.

AJ said...

I am going to think twice before I decide to order chicken nuggets. I knew that they weren't so good for me, but gosh, I never realized how bad. Thanks Patty.

Papa D said...

Oh, those simply are hilarious.

Dory said...

Those are great! Thanks for sharing.

carrie said...

patty...where are you? lol...i know where you are! and i know how busy you are too. this post was funny. the soap thing reminded me of a time when a certain relative of mine tried to convince me that granola oil (that's what she calls canola oil) has no fat. thanks for the laugh!